You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach 590 control box

I had a repair company remove my control
Box under the drivers seat to send off for repair. The slide seals weren’t deflating. Took 4 months but got it back repaired.  Problem is the repair company deleted all their notes to re install and now the box is installed incorrectly and the coach is inoperable,  won’t level up for travel mode, nothing is correctly connected, in a way worse position than when I started. What can I do? Newell and Hwh said I’m screwed,
My insurance says it’s a normal
Wear issue I’m not covered. As we can’t determine the cause of the original issue. Done go after the companies liability insurance?

Coach 590 triple slide
Crystal River, FL
Harley

Wow, having had mine out a few times there are a number of plugs that could be mis plugged.

This can be noodled out with a voltmeter and patience and the schematic of the system.

I am not sure your question is how to fix it? Or what are my legal options in dealing with the folks who messed it up.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Harley,
Real sorry this happened.  A couple of things to think about and not to compound the situation any worse while they sort this out.  Given the control box is HIGHLY suspected as not being wired correctly DO NOT operate the slides as you could have a hydraulic component operating out of sequence.  The hydraulic components are very capable of breaking stuff.  Are the slides retracted?   If so that's good.  Being the seals are probably deflated you will need to seal the slide gaps to prevent water intrusion. I am sure there are some other things to address perhaps other can pipe in their thoughts.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I would be happy to provide you with many pictures of how mine is wired someone prior to me has pulled most of the wires and ran them directly in the control box rather than through grommets. Do the slides that are in the same area operate together or independently? Harley are you in Florida? Are your slides in or out?

1999 45'  #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas
1996 40 XL Prevost Marathon