You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

96 Newell cranking but not starting

Not all Newells are alike. You may not have the priming knob on the tank, so use the priming button on the fuel filter. You cannot overprime. The excess will simply flow back into the tank via the fuel return line off the back of the engine. I would remove the filter and fill with clean diesel again. It is likely you drained the filter after the first sputter and stall.

Since some coaches did, and some coaches don’t have an echo charger. The safe thing is crank the generator, and merge the batteries. Confirm they are merged with the voltmeter because the merge solenoid can go bad over time, and prevent connection of the battery banks.

With the new information you supplied:
I would first make sure the chassis batteries were charged. Refill the fuel filter. Ensure that you prime the heck out of the fuel system. See if it cranks. If it cranks and starts to sputter, turn it off immediately, and prime again. There are start stop switches in the rear electrical compartment. Turn the key ON to use them.

If that doesn’t get it going, then the force prime with the bug sprayer would be my next move.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )