You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Pioneer under bench heat pump

Only 9k btu but for those of you who need to get away from cruise air basement air this could be an answer.

https://www.pioneerminisplit.com/product...obEALw_wcB

1999 45'  #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas
1996 40 XL Prevost Marathon 

I found it interesting that it only works to 104F.  Sad

On the road out of town in Phoenix the temp easily exceeds that. 

Last summer it was 118 ambient and my dash temp gauge read 125.

Looks like a good fit though

I have a 16k BTU unit and it works just adequately on super hot days. I do have the option of overspeeding the compressor at a major cost of power when it gets really hot inside. I would think the 9k pioneer unit would be great for any state where outdoor temps do not exceed 90º. The buildup of interior heat of our coaches would preclude any cooling gains.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Glen I don't know what will work in those temps, I was in Surprise on July 4 2023 and it was 115 at noon, never again.

Simon the other coach has cruise air's in it and they work but not as good as the mini's in the Newell and they are LOUD so I'm working on a plan. I have a 1 ton inverter compressor here at the house with no home so I'm going to experiment with using it on one of the cruise air evaporators and see if it will work. The fan speed can be lowered on the cruise air control panel but it will not be controlled automatically. Still mulling it over.

1999 45'  #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas
1996 40 XL Prevost Marathon 

My single Penguin II is a loud monster. It works well but the noise level is ridiculous. I may trade it out for one of those Truma units.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312