You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Correct part # for Palm Valve for generator compartment

(06-18-2024, 06:39 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  
(06-18-2024, 02:50 PM)Shamu406 Wrote:  I found on Ebay,  very close similar part numbers but not exact, not sure if they are correct?
I found - K71DAOO-KS1-KBO (OPEN BOX) - 110.00
And - K71DAOO-KCO-KBO - (USED) - 75.00
[url=https://www.ebay.com/str/mroglobalsolutions?_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l161210][/url]

https://cdn.norgren.com/pdf/Nugget%20200...anical.pdf

This page may help you determine suitability. The valves are modular. The model designation denoted the modules combined for the end product. ie: KBO indicates palm button.  Have you determined the exact model number that your current valve is?

My current valve model number according to Newell, is #6538, which isnt telling me a lot? I cant determine which is the correct plug and play valve I need. A  bit confused at this point.

John, Sheri & Lily Kai Curwick
1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue

(06-22-2024, 05:53 AM)Richard Wrote:  As said in Cool Hank Luke, “what we have here is a failure to communicate”.

You are asking for a direct replacement. The valve you are replacing is a common item in the pneumatic world, and the guys have been giving you different options for replacing the valve.

You may not find a direct replacement for a 25 yr old part. But there are many options available to you that function in exactly the same way.
I do have a tendency to overthink things at times. On more than one occasion I have been the victim of ordering the wrong parts. Sorry for any redundancy. I am greatful for everyone's help and advice that is for sure.

1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue

(06-19-2024, 04:33 AM)Richard Wrote:  And if you want to stay with a palm style.    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SJCY26Q/ref...GhlbWF0aWM
Richard, I bought this one you suggested. It is much smaller than mine on the coach. I assume it will perform the task. I would have to drill new holes to mount it on the bracket. 
Anything I should know or anticipate before installing it? Thanks, John

Plumb it and test before you mount.

The exhaust ports as installed by Newell have a screw adjustment in them. The adjustment is to control the open and close rate.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(06-23-2024, 05:45 PM)Richard Wrote:  Plumb it and test before you mount.

The exhaust ports as installed by Newell have a screw adjustment in them. The adjustment is to control the open and close rate.
Thanks Richard, will do. 
By the way, Im in Floral City every other week. Have a lake home on Tsala Apopka Lake, and a commercial property on South Florida Ave. I'm working on, near the Golf Driving Range.

John,

We are on the road for the summer, and will not return to Inverness until late Oct.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )