You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...


Help with front HCV - Travel Mode
#1

I had the front brakes replaced on my coach this week. 1998 #485 with Dana IFS and HWH leveling. 
Just got to the shop to pick it up and can not get the front suspension to travel mode. 
The coach airs up to 120 psi and the rear axles are at the correct travel mode height; however, the front axle is bottomed out. 
I can take it out of travel mode and raise the front suspension using level mode. In level mode, it will go to the full up position with no apparent leaks. 
I can see the the HCV is still attached to the front sway bar but I do not have jack stands with me so I can not crawl under to take a closer look. 
Any ideas on where to start? 
Picture for reference of the HCV in the full up position. When I select travel mode from this position, the front drops all the way down and the rear goes to the correct travel height.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

Chad
1998 Newell #485 
Mid entry. Dual slide.

Columbus, Indiana
Reply
#2

I would say that it got pulled out of adjustment when they jacked the front up . I believe the arm on the HCV should be horizontal at travel height if the valve is mounted “level to horizontal”

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)