You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Compressor when parked not working

Lance,
A little background please. Is the coach new to you and these are items that have been occurring since you picked it up or every thing used to work fine and these are new problems?

Hard to diagnose problem with such mixed and limited info. "The 110 air compressor in the front doesn't come on even after replacing the
well pump switch". Then, "It comes on once in a while". Are we dealing with a 110V compressor that doesn't work at all or is intermittent?

Have you ever drained all the air tanks? There can be as many as eleven of them. Any significant water in any of them? If so, which one(s)?

"the rig sinks to the bottom all the time and the air gauges read 0 unless I turn on the key and then they read 20 and 35". Coaches that settle quickly are indicative of air leaks! Dashboard air gauges that drop to zero are indicative of air leaks! Do you have two air gauges on the dashboard? A supply gauge and a twin pin brake system gauge? Are they both dropping to zero once you shut off the engine? How long does it take for the brake system gauge to drop to zero? Both needles the same? How long does it take the supply gauge to drop to zero?

"The ride is always different" Can you explain this statement? Are you talking of ride height or the "ride" is different going down the road?

"it takes about 10 minutes to pump it up" When I first got my coach I had many air leaks, my coach settled quickly and it would take 10 minutes to come up to ride height. Once you get your air system air tight it will rise up quicker, but still take around 5-6 minutes if system is empty. You can shorten the time by using the "Raise" mode which I assume you are calling "manually pump up the bags with the button on the HWH pad".

Everything that you have described so far sounds like an air system problem and not something defective with your HWH system. Fixing leaks is something a coach owner can fix themselves if they have some basic tools, knowledge, and a safe location. Otherwise it can get very time consuming for a shop and therefore expensive for you. It is a tedious process, but worth the effort!

" Just rolled the same seal for the third time in 80 uses. Each time it pops the 5,000 dollar bills just keep flying out. Never locks all 3 slides so constantly driving with the level light on." While rolling a slide seal is not unheard of, rolling a slide seal out 3 times in 80 uses is unusual. I HAVE seen this once. The coach was at Newell and it was a clearance issue. I do not believe HWH will be of assistance on this slide issue. I would have Newell deal with this issue. They need to fix the problem, not fix the symptom.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Messages In This Thread
Compressor when parked not working - by Lance - 04-04-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by Fulltiming - 04-04-2014, 08:42 PM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by rheavn - 04-05-2014, 05:50 AM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by lbrachfe - 04-05-2014, 06:57 AM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by Lance - 04-05-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by Fulltiming - 04-05-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by encantotom - 04-05-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by rheavn - 04-05-2014, 02:13 PM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by ron skeen - 04-05-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by Chester Stone - 04-05-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by Dmatz - 04-05-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by 77newell - 04-06-2014, 05:57 PM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by Fulltiming - 04-07-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by Richard - 04-08-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by tomgauger - 04-08-2014, 07:42 PM
RE: Compressor when parked not working - by lbrachfe - 04-08-2014, 08:14 PM