You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

96 Newell engine turning over great but not firing u

John,

I have a 2009 Newell so I have no direct experience with your year. However, 2 large clues (to me) are that the DC systems don't work and there us no check engine light upon power up. I would guess that the ecm has no power.

Re-check all of your battery connections. Make sure that no "little wire" fell down behind the battery. Make sure they're all tight and any large fuses connected to them have not blown. ( connect a volt meter across the fuse. There should be 0 VDC across the fuse, or its blown.

When I had my Volvo VNL 780 tow vehicle, I changed the batteries and afterwards the winch in the truck bed didn't work. A wire had slipped behind the batteries and wasn't connected. Ya can't make this stuff up!!

If that doesn't work, check any connectors that you may have jostled or disconnected. Make sure there's no green crusty corrosion and reconnect. Hope it helps. Maybe others will chime in.......

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

Messages In This Thread