You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

plumbing leaks

[attachment=1637]Tom,
I will try to explain the situation. In the first photo there are 3 gray 1" nuts at the top and the one on the right was leaking. So I took it off and inside there was a badly worn seal in the shape of a cone. The second photo is the nut looking inside of it. An O ring would not work because it had to be much thicker. I checked with MOT and several other places with no avail. So I decided to try something else that might work as in photo 3. It still leaked. There is only about 3/8" of threads above housing. Needed more to prevent leak with this method. So called Newell and told Chuck my problem and he said would sent me a couple of seals and a Nut with the 90 that they used now. What they used now is all brass and worked great. The cone shaped rubber seal also worked with the old gray plastic that is on mine. The 2 seals and the brass fitting that Chuck sent me was less than $20.00 including shipping. Since I used what he sent me I ordered 2 more seal and a fitting today to have on have in my might need box. Chappell

(11-04-2013, 09:34 PM)qcj Wrote:  Tom,
I will try to explain the situation. In the first photo there are 3 gray 1" nuts at the top and the one on the right was leaking. So I took it off and inside there was a badly worn seal in the shape of a cone. The second photo is the nut looking inside of it. An O ring would not work because it had to be much thicker. I checked with MOT and several other places with no avail. So I decided to try something else that might work as in photo 3. It still leaked. There is only about 3/8" of threads above housing. Needed more to prevent leak with this method. So called Newell and told Chuck my problem and he said would sent me a couple of seals and a Nut with the 90 that they used now. What they used now is all brass and worked great. The cone shaped rubber seal also worked with the old gray plastic that is on mine. The 2 seals and the brass fitting that Chuck sent me was less than $20.00 including shipping. Since I used what he sent me I ordered 2 more seal and a fitting today to have on have in my might need box. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Messages In This Thread
plumbing leaks - by qcj - 11-04-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: plumbing leaks - by encantotom - 11-04-2013, 06:01 PM
RE: plumbing leaks - by qcj - 11-04-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: plumbing leaks - by qcj - 11-04-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: plumbing leaks - by encantotom - 11-04-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: plumbing leaks - by qcj - 11-05-2013, 08:55 AM