You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear slide stuck half way out

Went to the Fall closing of the Coolspring Power Museum. Trip started off with the Recaro seat not inflating, bounced all the way to Coolspring. Parked and had trouble with the rear slide not going out all the way. Tried leveling rather than in travel mode, slide went out. Most confusing as Newell states "slides should be operated in travel mode".

Next tried to start generator but nothing doing. Racked set out and started from Kohler panel, came inside and WT & OP plus run indicator lamps working. Started checking wiring from set towards coach. Next checked wiring at connection point location in front of passenger seat (also fuse panel located here) loss of connection between set & connection point. Result open conductor, thankfully our Newells have ample spares (the guys do such a stellar job of bundling cable sets),and there was a spare which when connected solved the problem.

Then the grounds administrator asked us to move so went to travel mode and front slide went in but rear slide wouldn't budge. Went back, to level and tried again, this time the slide came in. I'm pretty confused at this point.

Moved to a new spot and while in travel mode front went out and rear went out half way but would not budge past that point. Called a fellow Guru and tried several things but nothing worked (included relieving pressure by manually opening solenoid valves). finally gave in and called Tommy Keyes. "Start your engine and parallel your batteries and try again to operate the rear slide", it worked!!

All day I've been working this over in my mind and my resolution is: The hydraulic pressure needed at that distance from the pump is more than the pump can do if motor voltage is down just by a small amount . By paralleling and utilizing the 300 plus ampere capacity of the main engine's alternator, the voltage is kept up enough to generate the pressure needed.

I hope this helps someone whom may experience the same problem.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Messages In This Thread
Rear slide stuck half way out - by bestgenman - 10-14-2014, 05:47 PM
RE: Rear slide stuck half way out - by Ozarkguy - 10-14-2014, 06:23 PM
RE: Rear slide stuck half way out - by Junior Guru - 10-14-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: Rear slide stuck half way out - by Chester Stone - 10-15-2014, 07:59 AM
RE: Rear slide stuck half way out - by lbrachfe - 10-15-2014, 11:59 AM
RE: Rear slide stuck half way out - by ron skeen - 10-15-2014, 01:20 PM
RE: Rear slide stuck half way out - by Fulltiming - 10-15-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: Rear slide stuck half way out - by lbrachfe - 10-15-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: Rear slide stuck half way out - by bestgenman - 10-16-2014, 05:32 AM