You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Intro and Help with Purchase of an '06

Hi Guys,

I have been lurking here for quite a while as I have always been a Newell fan. The time has come for a new coach and a new adventure. I have been looking at '06 models as I like the body updates and while I was very tempted by coach #772, I passed as I couldn't see living with only 3 slides.

I'm just starting a deal on this '06 but would appreciate some input from the experts before the point of no return:

http://www.transwest.com/frederick/product/5U140637#

It is recently serviced and in good condition but the radiant floor heating in the bathroom has failed (heating pad short) and the massagers in the captains chairs are also toast. I'm told that both of these are not practical to repair due to cost. Any future resale issues with these problems or are they common?

I intend to fulltime in it for a year or two. I love the side entry floor plans but hadn't really considered that the galley is pretty small and the fridge is tiny with this layout. It is also a single bath coach. Any thoughts on trying to full time with this layout? Mistake? I know that I would need food storage underneath.

Anything else I should consider or look at carefully on this one?

Also, what is a good annual maintenance budget for a 10 year old Newell driven about 25K miles a year? I like to keep my coaches in pristine condition so I tend to fix just about anything that goes wrong. I have owned American Coaches which I used for race track coaches and they were pretty low maintenance but are tinker toys compared to a Newell. I have have pretty advanced technical/mechanical skills but don't see working on it much myself unless it is an emergency. I am hoping that a Newell is a bit more forgiving than the Marathon coaches my friends own that need their technicians to service many of the systems.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread