You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New-to-me Newell; What to look for?

(02-26-2016, 04:21 AM)Richard Wrote:  Tom,

Welcome to the gang.

Bill keyed in on a common issue to almost all Newell owners. Chasing air leaks is a common pastime. It's not supercritical, but frequent pump cycling can put excess water in your tanks, and the pump wakes me up at night.

Take a look at the airbags for cracking or leaking. Soapy water works well here.

Pay attention to the door opening and closing. Sometimes the air mechanism for the door will require some TLC. Tom is your man on that one.

As others have said, just go through and run every system through it's paces.

Is the unit with a dealer or a private owner? When I bought my first Newell, the owner let me spend the night in it. I did the same when selling the coach. It was a great way to inspect the coach in a relaxed and methodical way.

This Newell is offered by a Prevost converter as a consignment. The picture is a little muddy as the husband is said to be near end-stage in a bout with cancer. His wife is said not to be knowledgeable about the coach and is firm on a price of $525k which I feel is high based on comps.
As I said earlier, tires & batteries need to be replaced and I'd go with AGM's as I've had great success with them on the Monaco.
I've not had an opportunity to get under the coach to look at the bags and at other stuff, nor have I driven it. (I do have experience driving earlier Newell's (pre-steerable tag)...I will save that test drive when andĀ if I get more serious.
Meanwhile, how important is taking a Newell back to "Mother" and forking over tremendous amounts of money for "Level One" or "Level Two" service? I'm told it's thorough, very good, but very expensive.
BTW, the converter is gently suggesting I consider an '06 Prevost Featherlite as an alternative at about the same price, but negotiable. 57k miles, clean body, news tiresĀ & batteries.

Tom Gauger-Dave Snyder
'01 Monaco Exec 515 Cummins ISM
'17 Chevy Colorado Toad
Shermans Dale, PA

Messages In This Thread
New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by tomgauger - 02-25-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by encantotom - 02-25-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by ccjohnson - 02-25-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by Richard - 02-26-2016, 04:21 AM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by tomgauger - 02-26-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by Richard - 02-26-2016, 11:12 AM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by ccjohnson - 02-26-2016, 11:36 AM