You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New-to-me Newell; What to look for?

How big of a hurry are you in to get the coach? We looked at getting a slide coach a few years back that was being offered in FMCA by a surviving widow. Asking was 145K, I told her that I did not feel comfortable insulting her with what I would be able to pay at the time, (around 95K). We later met some folks who had purchased the same coach from a dealer for around 100K a few months after it was originally being offered for sale. Based on dealings Fran's sister-in-law had with the same dealer in a similar situation, I am pretty confident that the widow probably sold it for +/- 80K to the dealer. Also, we met a couple at a Foretravel gathering a while back that had just purchased a 2yr old top of the line Foretravel from a surviving widow for 160K. He said that she told him "I sick and tired of all the low ball offers I'm getting and I just want to be done with selling it". As a matter of emotional attachment to things during a difficult time such as the passing of a loved one, folks often place an inflated price on stuff. The truth is potential buyers do not share the emotional attachment with the seller. You might want to make an offer you would be comfortable with and continue your search in the mean time. Had I done that earlier, we might be driving a little bit newer slide Newell today.

Messages In This Thread
New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by tomgauger - 02-25-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by encantotom - 02-25-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by ccjohnson - 02-25-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by Richard - 02-26-2016, 04:21 AM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by tomgauger - 02-26-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by Richard - 02-26-2016, 11:12 AM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by ccjohnson - 02-26-2016, 11:36 AM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by pairodice - 02-26-2016, 04:06 PM
RE: New-to-me Newell; What to look for? - by Yachts - 02-26-2016, 07:51 PM