You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide floor gets stuck

I still have problems with our slides , they dont slide in all the way ( starts for say 3-4" & stops ) i found out the first 4" of movements is whatever is left in the pump, some few psi left and floor start up and later depends on full hydraulic or electric operation ( in our case 2001 model we have hydraulic pumps on two slides ) so we had some outorized guys worked on the isue and they spray some cleaner on our relays , they said they were corroded its was $300 sprya and clean job haha!! we than went on the road to next destination, bang! same problem!

Using Generator, engine on hi idle was the ticket to get thsoe out , but randomly they dont work, we go trough on & offf phase where we tyrn the kay Off and start the wole cycle again!

I have played around the hydraulic pumps area wires , when my wife would turn the kay on and infate the seals, I would start touching all teh wires and somhow i got the right wire where slide and pump started to work! but i could not trace what wire was the loose conection!

Someone mentioned at Newell to try the slide out selenoids ( four for two slides i think? ) thsi might be our next option!
In our case I dont think we have any aligement or rail ajustement problem , just some sort of electric isue !

Again, I could be wrong but so far that is what I traced and we still in same case , random slide in , slide out ! still works but scary times !!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Messages In This Thread
Slide floor gets stuck - by bikestuff - 10-17-2012, 06:22 PM
RE: Slide floor gets stuck - by tuga - 10-18-2012, 07:26 AM
RE: Slide floor gets stuck - by encantotom - 10-18-2012, 07:30 AM
RE: Slide floor gets stuck - by Chester Stone - 10-18-2012, 08:59 AM
RE: Slide floor gets stuck - by jimg - 10-18-2012, 10:58 AM
RE: Slide floor gets stuck - by les korcala - 01-19-2013, 07:51 PM