You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Private Sale vs Consignment

Good Morning fellow Gurus,

Barb and I have decided to change direct, i.e. alter our "life-style".  For the past 4 years we have traveled  the western U.S.  fulltime in our Newell.  We found a great rv community (SoCal) to spend our winters and have not traveled as much this past year.  Time to sell our Newell "home" and get something we can park on our lot (most likely a 5th wheel) and just use a Class C  to do shorter outings and summer trips.

I have read many of the previous posts discussing the pros and cons of private vs consignment sales. Many valid points both ways.  I have always followed the "For Sale" ads on the various web sites....just because.  Now that we have made a decision to sell, I find myself on the fence.  Naturally, I want the most for my coach but realize a private sale is more work.  I doubt a trade-in will net me more.

My questions: 
1.   How much is realistic to expect if I sell myself?  (what are normal consignment fees)  
2.   For those who have used the consignment  route - What are the things to look for / watch out for in 
      a consignment contract?

Thanks for any insight / experiences  that the gurus can offer.

Jerry & Barb Bommarito
Former Custodians of the "Rolling R Ranch"
Newell Coach #500 

Messages In This Thread
Private Sale vs Consignment - by 3Rs - 08-10-2016, 11:33 AM
RE: Private Sale vs Consignment - by jcus - 08-10-2016, 07:19 PM
RE: Private Sale vs Consignment - by 3Rs - 08-11-2016, 09:03 AM
RE: Private Sale vs Consignment - by 3Rs - 08-18-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: Private Sale vs Consignment - by 3Rs - 09-28-2016, 06:05 PM
RE: Private Sale vs Consignment - by encantotom - 09-29-2016, 05:01 PM