You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Still looking

I've left both my previous Newell, a 77 model, and the newer 93 model for a couple months at a time with the batteries disconnected with no problems. I did run the desulphation routine on my battery charger a couple times a year to help with battery longevity.

I too have moved up over the years from travel trailers. During that shift I've noticed that the the maintenance on the house part has generally been easier with the Newell. The chassis maintenance requires a lot more time and effort than on the trailers I've owned despite their chassis not be particularly high quality. For example, I could pull the wheels on the trailer with a typical cross type lug net wrench and a screw jack with an extension handle that didn't require going under the trailer. On the Newell, it requires a 20 ton hydraulic jack that requires I skootch under the coach to place and jack it, and then it takes a 4 foot extension on the 3/4" socket wrench to loosen the lug nuts. Then I get to wrestle a tire and wheel that weigh 130 pounds or so. Could I hire this done? Sure, but where is the fun in that and it's not easy to get someone to come to my house to do it. And, I couldn't justify keeping the coach if I had to pay someone to do lots of things. That's just my internal standard and others are sure to have different standards. BTW, I've needed to pull tires on each of the coaches several times.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Messages In This Thread
Still looking - by medcrest - 09-01-2016, 12:12 PM
RE: Still looking - by Fulltiming - 09-01-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: Still looking - by Hotrodhornet - 09-01-2016, 02:29 PM
RE: Still looking - by encantotom - 09-01-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: Still looking - by medcrest - 09-02-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: Still looking - by Fulltiming - 09-02-2016, 11:47 AM
RE: Still looking - by medcrest - 09-03-2016, 10:55 AM
RE: Still looking - by 77newell - 09-03-2016, 06:35 PM