You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Upgrade Satellite receivers questions

Gang,

I have a Windgard SK-3005 antenna and regular Directv receivers.  Last year,  I noticed that I was not receiving some stations.   I did some research and found out that Directv had moved some programming to the 109 satellite (which is not tracked by the SK-3005).  Winegard said that I needed the new SWM-3 antenna ($$$$).  Further research indicated that there is a device called a Swm Switch that will convert the signals in a way that allows you to get the other stations.  I will let you know if it works.

In the meantime, I wanna upgrade my Directv receivers to Genie type with the DVR functions.  I am getting the total run-around.  Newell says to talk to Directv.  Directv says to talk to Winegard since it is in an RV.  (They did offer to send one of their "technicians" to my RV to install but earliest date was two weeks from now).

So...Have any of you guys upgraded your directv receivers?  How did you do it?  I could not find the base unit on amazon.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade Satellite receivers questions - by bikestuff - 10-06-2016, 06:01 AM
RE: Upgrade Satellite receivers questions - by Fulltiming - 10-06-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: Upgrade Satellite receivers questions - by Chester Stone - 10-06-2016, 08:41 AM
RE: Upgrade Satellite receivers questions - by encantotom - 10-06-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: Upgrade Satellite receivers questions - by Richard - 10-06-2016, 11:15 AM