You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

slide out failure

(05-24-2017, 12:10 PM)bikestuff Wrote:  Another thing that will stop a slide from moving is the air pressure in the seals.  Have someone try the retract function.  Make sure that the seal is deflating.  Sometimes, my slides will hesitate for a second or two....they will try to deflate some more and the slide will move once the system is happy with the slide seal pressure.

I guess my point is there are several things that will stop the slide....

1). Power to the controller
2). Power to slide motors (fuses)
3). Several external factors.  Coach's emergency brake must be set.  Trans not in gear.  Bearing covers not retracted.  

(My coach requires me to slide back the tops to the bedroom bearings.  They are protected with micro switches that will halt slide travel if not in correct position)

Newell can help you diagnose using control pads.
Thanks agin for the advise,
I have spoken to Newell and Valid now and they have said the same as you! Valid are fairly certain it will be the Glass fuse even though i think ive checked them, the next place to go is the slide junction box which works on 110volts but requires a 24 volt trigger from the control with inside the coach!
worst case its a case of removing the pin from the motor (where ever that is!!) and pushing the slide in!
The seals are deflating and vacuuming ok so its either a power supply problem, a limit switch or a blown motor, 
i don't think i have to remove any bearing covers as its never been something to do in the past, in fact i wouldn't even know where to look for them!
i will report back next week once i get back out there to have another go at it!
Cheers
rob

2008 NEWELL C-15 ZF 1218

Messages In This Thread
slide out failure - by rwg200 - 05-24-2017, 01:38 AM
RE: slide out failure - by ron skeen - 05-24-2017, 04:44 AM
RE: slide out failure - by bikestuff - 05-24-2017, 06:47 AM
RE: slide out failure - by rwg200 - 05-24-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: slide out failure - by bikestuff - 05-24-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: slide out failure - by rwg200 - 05-24-2017, 01:10 PM