You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Putting seatbelts in a jackknife couch and dinette
Video 

This April will be busy with the list of "to do's" we have on our coach as it comes out of storage. I can't believe that I am going to add to the list..but here goes. We bought two new captains chairs, recovered the couch in the same material and have purchased a booth dinette in place of the two free standing lounge type chairs and the flip up table that folds into the wall.

The reason we did this was for appearance (the cloth was hideous) as well as function since the dinette gives us one more sleeping bed as well. We only have lap belts in our captains chairs and I would feel much more comfortable to have belts in the couch as well as the dinette. We are militant about belts in the car so it just feels odd and insecure to not have everyone belted in. I am looking at replacement belts and securing them thru the floor as we reinstall things after we get our floor in. The jackknife couch is about 6'. There is e webbing connecting the back of it to the seat so I think one could simply make an opening in that and run the belts up. I coud probably get then 2-3 pair of belts on the couch. They can probably be hidden well then when not needed.

The dinette is a booth. It faces the couch and the section on the side facing the couch is made so that the seat cushion comes out to store things. So I think running one pair of belts there would work.

So guys I am looking for advice and suggestions from what I have told you.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Messages In This Thread