You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Unknown Alarm

Last night my refrigerator and water pump went out.  Went underneath to the inverter breaker box.  No switched breakers.  Unplugged the 30 amp plug from inverter and plugged it into AC outlet.  My wife says something went POP and a piezo alarm started screaming. Unplugged from AC and went back to inverter.  Refrigerator and water pump came back on line, but piezo still screaming, now going on 14 hours.  Spent three hours on the phone to the Newell emergency guys, tried a bunch of stuff, but no results.  Found that by throwing a breaker in the rear box that covers the "game table" and slide outlets. the piezo cut out.  Unfortunately, it also shut off the refrigerator again Ice cream already melted.  So switched it back on to keep refrigerator running.  Cannot locate the piezo so I can rip its little guts out, sound is too generalized.  So I have two problems.  The noise maker is powered by AC through the rear breaker box and can't be shut off without shutting off the frig.  Even if I could shut it off, it leaves the problem of what the alarm is for.  Don't want to drive with an uncorrected or at least un-understood problem  Ran all the usual scenarios with two guys from newell: no antennas up, no alarm on steps, not connected to batteries engine or house.

If I hightail it to Miami, I'll arrive with a screaming alarm on Thursday night and get to listen to it all weekend.  This is really hard on the nerves.  Any help appreciated.

Paul & Jane McCullough

Messages In This Thread
Unknown Alarm - by medcrest - 06-26-2018, 07:42 AM
RE: Unknown Alarm - by Fulltiming - 06-26-2018, 08:24 AM
RE: Unknown Alarm - by pestes - 06-26-2018, 08:24 AM
RE: Unknown Alarm - by medcrest - 06-26-2018, 09:32 AM
RE: Unknown Alarm - by Fulltiming - 06-26-2018, 10:11 AM
RE: Unknown Alarm - by Little - 06-26-2018, 10:55 AM
RE: Unknown Alarm - by medcrest - 06-26-2018, 12:09 PM
RE: Unknown Alarm - by Fulltiming - 06-26-2018, 03:18 PM
RE: Unknown Alarm - by folivier - 06-26-2018, 06:46 PM