You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide Hydraulic Leak

I am the former owner of coach #500 and sold it to Paul.  Concerning the generator slide:  It is AIR driven.

If I remember correctly at one time I had an air leak somewhere in the generator slide system.  Miami thought it was possibly at the air ram, but they did not have one in stock.  So in order to get us on our way, they installed a ball valve in the line TO the In/Out generator slide valve.  This stopped the air leak to the generator slide - worked just fine, BUT you have to remember to Open that Valve before you use the normal In/Out valve. (Also have to Close it after your done using the slide.) Hope this makes sense. Paul, look for the ball valve just before the Red pull/push valve. 

As for as the front slide leak, I have no idea. Never had a problem with either slide.

I did have a leak at a hydraulic hose fitting in the passenger side first bay behind the front wheel.  Not sure what the hose was for; it was at a "fitting". Newell was able to cut the hose and press/clamp a new fitting - problem solved.  Paul, look through the Newell Invoices I gave you.  Maybe they noted which hydraulic circut was involved.  Could be another hose/fitting gone bad.   

Hope this info will help.

Regards,  Jerry B.

Jerry & Barb Bommarito
Former Custodians of the "Rolling R Ranch"
Newell Coach #500 

Messages In This Thread
Slide Hydraulic Leak - by medcrest - 05-27-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: Slide Hydraulic Leak - by Richard - 05-27-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: Slide Hydraulic Leak - by encantotom - 05-27-2019, 06:36 PM
RE: Slide Hydraulic Leak - by Richard - 05-28-2019, 05:37 AM
RE: Slide Hydraulic Leak - by 3Rs - 05-28-2019, 09:06 AM
RE: Slide Hydraulic Leak - by medcrest - 05-28-2019, 03:58 PM