You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Please Help,I thinking of jumping in to a 2007

Thanks for the background info. It really helps put the question in context. 

The following is MY opinion, does not represent the gospel on Newells, and certainly open to challenge. 

Obviously you will be looking at the mechanicals closely. Oil, Coolant, and Tranny fluid samples recommended. Cheap and could protect you from a costly investment. It is unlikely you will find a problem with the mechanicals, but fluid analysis is a good science. 

Look for water intrusion damage. Look at the slide seals for signs of cracking or splitting. You know batteries and tires will need to be replaced some time in the future. That era of coach had problems with fogged windows. 

It is somewhat obvious, but go through EVERY function on the coach to check it's operation and make sure you as a future owner, know how it works. 

Can you live with the floor plan and the laminate ( or can your significant other)? The floor and furniture coverings are easy upgrades, not so much on the plan and laminate. 

Newells, and all other motorcoaches too, are not Hondas. They require constant attention. The more complicated the rig, the more attention required. A good analogy would be a jon boat vs a yacht. Newell is a land yacht. 

This is no knock on the mothership. Annual maintenance there is good. But annual maintenance at Newell is NO guarantee that something won't misfire as you leave the parking lot. 

The happiest Newell owners I know are ones who view the ownership of the coach as a hobby, use the complexity of the coach as an opportunity to learn different things, and take pride in developing their own solutions. The unhappy ones are individuals who do not cultivate the skills to fix their own coach. That being said, you are on a forum of DIY Newell owners.

You would think if you took the time to read every thread on this forum that Newells are nothing but problems. That is not true. The forum is the place where we document how we solved issues. We don't spend a lot of time talking about the actual use of the coach. Right now, we have been away from home since April, and we just landed in Maine. Woo Hoo. 

I know that others will chime in.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread