You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air leak at splitter valve, pressure relief, quick release

Yesterday we drove the coach to get some fuel about 2 hours away to a larger truck stop (I don’t like small stations where the fuel does not turn over often).  Once we got there (Fredericksburg, VA) we had a PM done at SpeedCo and got fuel at the Love’s there.  We stopped at Cracker Barrel for the night, ate and my wife did the obligatory shopping spree that always accompanies visiting the Barrel.  This morning we got up and I noticed the back end was low.  Brought it back to SpeedCo and you could hear the loud hissing from between the tires.  Looks like the air splitter/pressure relief/quick release valve is not sealing up correctly.  This means the 110v air compressor cannot keep up with the air loss. 
1) where can I get one of these things? 
2) where on the East coast near Maryland or Virginia can I get it installed?
Working on my coach in the RV Park is not going to happen (plus work has me really busy).
We need to get this fixed asap since we are staying in the coach for the next couple weeks. 
OH! I just realized that means the slide seals are going to deflate!!! I guess I’ll be trying out my new plastic 3M tape...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Messages In This Thread