You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Lithium Iron Phosphate upgrade

Hey fellow Newell owners! We just purchased #637 and drove her home to Florida from Arizona. What a beauty she is however we have been having some charging issues along our 4 day adventure back to Florida. Now home we realize that yes, the the cranking batteries are new however our house batteries are toast and need to be replaced yesterday. Tom has been an amazing resource of information to us from the start and we are so thankful to him and this site.
We are trying to locate 4 AGM batteries and having some difficulty getting them fast. I did locate 4 Lifelines but they are pricey which made me begin to consider Battleborn or equivalent Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries.
Our coach has 2 ProSine 3.0 inverters and only 4 house batteries dated 11/08.  I want to make the best longer term decision knowing we will probably go with solar down the road and enjoy boon-docking.

My question is, how many BB batteries do I need for (2) 3000 watt inverters and how is the install different that standard AGM batteries?

Thank you in advance.

Brian Huh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Kimberly & Brian 
  • Grasshopper Newell Owner
  • 2002 Newell P2000i
Central Florida 
Consciouscontent.org
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
Lithium Iron Phosphate upgrade - by OurNewelllife - 07-21-2020, 06:29 PM
RE: Lithium Iron Phosphate upgrade - by Richard - 07-21-2020, 08:27 PM