You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Buying and Driving Coach#650 across Country

Hello Everyone,  I'm not completely new but its been a while since I had the pleasure of learning, cleaning and then translating everything Newell to my father who was and is the actual owner of both coaches. #506 around 2016 and tomorrow hopefully coach #650 a 2003 quad slide. Since he's not the best at forums but I know how just how valuable they can truly be offering an insight to a family behind the coach I wanted to reach out and say hello again.  And after spending last couple weeks trying to comb through so many of the threads about cross country journeys and what to look for in a new purchase etc. - wondering what insight or knowledge could be provided about that coach if any.

Or if anybody has made the trip from west to east coast lately - traveling from Portland, OR to SC.  Decent / cant miss stops along the way for a couple gear heads just heading backs towards the wife and kids.  Leaving Portland Tuesday 4/27 if all goes well. 

The coach has been in controlled storage for close to 15 months but was taking to detail a few miles down the road a couple weeks ago. Other than that, I don't believe it has seen much road time in last couple years.  I plan to purchase new tires in Portland before starting the journey because old ones are just dated out. But my biggest other concern was to how to do a pre road / journey checklist.  What would you consider to be most important before hitting the road ? 

Thanks again for any and all advice!

Spenser and Karoline Fossell
Prior owners of 1999 Double Slide Coach #506
Future owners of 2003 Quad Slide Coach #650

Messages In This Thread