You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

sell coach or not.what would be a fair price

Hi. No perfect answer here, as others have said. Let me emphasize what they've said. No one will buy it unless they know its for sale. That means get it listed. Be aware that although 2020 was a banner RV year it will moderate towards the end of summer in 2021 because fewer people will be rv'ing and more forms of travel are re-opening. Therefore don't price it too high if you want to sell it soon. I saw an Andrew Steele video at the Motorcoach store where the store owner talked about his vehicle pricing. He said overall prices are high and will drop, so he doesn't want to be caught not selling a vehicle and then dramatically dropping the price later.

I am now looking for a 2005 or 2006 Newell. Before I flipped from browsing to active searching I saw several vehicles that were for sale over almost a 2 year period. They would show up on RVTrader as private sale then disappear only to resurface a few months later at an RV retailer, and then the process would repeat. The units like this are at the wrong price. A poor unit or one that lacks features or has weird ones is going to be less than one with all the stuff. That said, when you look at the other comps, know if they've been on the market for a long time. That will cause general observers to think that the price is too high for that year. They'll tuck that nugget away and it'll guide them later. If the price is high, in this boom, its really too high.

Just a word on your rig. I think your mileage is perfect. I see a lot of rigs with so few miles that that I would be wary of engine and transmission problems from low use and letting it sit parked. If I saw 2 similar condition rigs both at the same price I would almost always buy the one with more miles.

Sorry for the ramble.

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

Messages In This Thread
sell coach or not.what would be a fair price - by ciampio - 05-20-2021, 05:59 PM
RE: sell coach or not.fair price - by rheavn - 05-21-2021, 04:41 AM
RE: sell coach or not.fair price - by Richard - 05-21-2021, 04:55 AM
RE: sell coach or not.fair price - by folivier - 05-21-2021, 06:24 AM
RE: sell coach or not.fair price - by ciampio - 05-21-2021, 08:51 AM
RE: sell coach or not.fair price - by encantotom - 05-21-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: sell coach or not.fair price - by xGE_97 - 05-23-2021, 05:10 PM