You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Puzzling Battery Disconnect Polarity

this is a very interesting question. and if you do research online you will get a long variety of answers. my 02 has them on the negative.

for instance the for a long time, the NHRA mandated them on the positive side. alot of marine builders do positive side.

others have discussions on current flow direction etc.

when i put a new magnum inverter in my 99 i put a positive cut off switch at the inverter making sure all lugs were 100 percent covered.

i think one of the reasons the cut off switches have moved on the newell to negative is just safety. there is a thought that if it was on the positive and there was a crash near the switch that it could short to ground.

when i was putting the 6 agms in my coach i had a helper. on the very last terminal connection of those mazes of cables he had the wrench touch the side of the coach. at that point all the amps from 6 8 d batteries shorted. he screamed, it arc'd, melted a chunk of the wrench and left a nice black mark and mild burn on his hand.

also use common sense if you change the cables on that cut off switch. to make sure that there is no current to them.

bottom line is cut off switch on positive or negative, either is ok. with caveats

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
Puzzling Battery Disconnect Polarity - by [email protected] - 06-28-2021, 07:53 AM
RE: Puzzling Battery Disconnect Polarity - by Tf175 - 06-28-2021, 01:26 PM
RE: Puzzling Battery Disconnect Polarity - by encantotom - 06-28-2021, 02:27 PM
RE: Puzzling Battery Disconnect Polarity - by encantotom - 06-28-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: Puzzling Battery Disconnect Polarity - by [email protected] - 06-28-2021, 03:46 PM
RE: Puzzling Battery Disconnect Polarity - by kyleb - 06-28-2021, 04:49 PM
RE: Puzzling Battery Disconnect Polarity - by encantotom - 06-28-2021, 08:01 PM