You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Shipping AND Handling charges!?!!

Tom,
Mostly, I agree.

I did get a call back from the parts person (who shall remain nameless) Immediately, it was a shipper problem at first. The box showed NO damage and the (far more delicate) Cole-Mach thermostat was fine even though it was only loosely wrapped in its' box within the overall box. The thermostat was wrapped and taped in bubble wrap. The odds of shipping damage were low.

I asked the parts person why the 10% handling fee wasn't included when he gave me my total including shipping (which he DID give me before I gave him my credit card #) I only found out about it AFTER the package arrived and I looked at the included invoice.

He let me know that it was included in his job description and he inherited it from before he was employed by Newell. He further said he get complaints about it all the time. Hmmm... if folks complain because no one tells them about the fee...maybe you should have it posted on the website or make sure you let people know they are being charged extra?

It's not so much the fee itself, but the fact that it appears out of nowhere after an order is placed.

I am glad Newell is around and will stay around, and am grateful all their assistance to date. The technicians who have been there a long time are supremely helpful and quite friendly. new hires should be the same...

Believe me, I understand that for the xxxx thousand coaches since they began building them, parts is a small but healthy profit center. Many of the people that buy new coaches will never experience these issues since they don't order nor buy parts from newell. They just bring it in for repair. When the warranty is up, it's gone. And that's OK.

As the knowledgebase here grows and the parts cross reference grows, it becomes easier to keep them all running. Without newellgurus.com we would be all on our own to discover creative ways of keeping our coaches' systems working.

I am awaiting quotes from the manufacturer for the dual snap disk limit thermostats used on our Aquahots. Hopefully, we'll be able to source them when Newell is out of the Aquahot parts business!

my two and a half cents Wink

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Messages In This Thread
Newell Shipping AND Handling charges!?!! - by Wanderman - 08-25-2021, 05:11 PM
RE: Newell Shipping aAND Handling charges!?!! - by rheavn - 08-25-2021, 05:21 PM
RE: Newell Shipping aAND Handling charges!?!! - by encantotom - 08-25-2021, 05:23 PM
RE: Newell Shipping aAND Handling charges!?!! - by Wanderman - 08-25-2021, 05:37 PM
RE: Newell Shipping AND Handling charges!?!! - by bikestuff - 08-26-2021, 05:23 AM
RE: Newell Shipping AND Handling charges!?!! - by Wanderman - 08-26-2021, 06:55 AM
RE: Newell Shipping AND Handling charges!?!! - by Wanderman - 08-26-2021, 09:49 AM
RE: Newell Shipping AND Handling charges!?!! - by Fulltiming - 08-26-2021, 10:49 AM
RE: Newell Shipping AND Handling charges!?!! - by encantotom - 08-26-2021, 11:41 AM
RE: Newell Shipping AND Handling charges!?!! - by Wanderman - 08-26-2021, 12:35 PM