You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

S60 Engine work near North AL

Pairodice here is what I did to find a DD mechanic near me. I want to have my valves adjusted since I don't have evidence of them being done.
I searched on Google for a Detroit mechanic near me and went to the DD web site. I took a drive up to Jacksonville to put my eyes on the shop.
When I talked with the Service Manager he said a few things I was going to ask about. I asked what their backlog is for work. He answered 2 or 3 days depending on his Detroit Guys availability.
Next question was the cost. He said $495 for a truck but motorhomes will be a couple hours more. This told me they were familiar with coaches as well as semi trucks.
I then mentioned I had to remove the flooring to have his guy gain access and explained how I don't want to leave it long to have them work it in. I explained about the slide seals and I didn't want it without power and run the risk of them deflating. He offered up 110v plug in. I said I would like to call him when I'm ready and then bring it in the night before; like the call ahead seating at restaurants. This he smiled at and agreed.
I am glad I spoke to him in person instead of on the phone. It was worth the 3 hours drive and also was able to see their parts warehouse and shop. It was clean as far as a diesel shop is concerned.
I plan to take the coach up there next month. There are 3 other shops within a comfortable drive from home I would have interviewed if I didn't like what I saw. If none of these would pass my interview I would have widened my search.
I hope this helps.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Messages In This Thread
S60 Engine work near North AL - by pairodice - 09-05-2021, 10:04 AM
RE: S60 Engine work near North AL - by hbens - 09-06-2021, 05:44 AM