You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Blind pig finds acorn, or muffler in my case

Cruising I 40 westbound, minding my own amongst the ten jillion trucks. Truck in front of me, swerves drastically. There is a tire, not just the tread, the whole truck tire, in the road. I swerve as hard as I dare and just clip it with the edge of the driver side tires. 

I look in the mirror to see what the obstacle did, only to see my muffler turning somersaults down the road. I am not that quick, but I know immediately that this is no bueno. 

Travel up the road a bit till the next safe place to park, listening to exhaust notes and worried about CO poisoning. On the upside, the jakes sound wicked. 

Disconnect car and travel back to the scene of the crime to find clamps, muffler elbow, muffler and tail pipe all within 100 yds of the tire, and all on the right side of the road. I didn’t have to enter traffic to retrieve anything. It’s a bit scuffed, and a hammer fixed enough of the dents to reinstall. 

We are back on the road, just a bit later than planned. 

Safe travels.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread