You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot Musings

As many of you know, I have been repairing my Aquahot for a while now. All is working (with the exception of the 120v element that will have to wait until next spring!) and the system is doing it's job quite well.

The AH and Newell manuals talk about the electric system working fine down to a certain cold temperature at which time we should turn on the diesel burner for supplemental BTUs. That's fine...

Why wouldn't the system be setup to do that unattended. So, let's say you are in a very cold climate and you leave the coach alone to do some errands or sightseeing or are gone for an extended amount of time. You leave the Electric Aquahot system running, but it gets cold enough to need the Diesel side. No one is there to activate it. So bad tings could happen.

What would it take, to sense the lack of temp in the boiler (with the electric on) and trigger the diesel switch to on until it's OK. Could avert a disaster!

I'm looking into it...of course, it may not be needed. The electric side may keep things warm enough to prevent freezing in the bays and pipes but not warm enough to be comfortable.

Just musings....

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Messages In This Thread
Aquahot Musings - by Wanderman - 11-11-2021, 08:36 AM
RE: Aquahot Musings - by encantotom - 11-11-2021, 09:06 AM
RE: Aquahot Musings - by Wanderman - 11-11-2021, 09:22 AM
RE: Aquahot Musings - by folivier - 11-11-2021, 09:46 AM
RE: Aquahot Musings - by Richard - 11-11-2021, 10:32 AM