You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Lost shore power on Lithiums

When I was visiting the coach on Saturday an electrician was there as he was wiring up individual meters for each stall at the storage facility.  Power was off to both of my stalls and before I left we had power back on 458, but not on 653.  I asked him when he'd be done and he said in about an hour.  Didn't think much about it until I showed up this morning to not just no shore power, but no power at all inside the coach.  Got the shore power turned back on and still no power to the coach and I'm getting a "Dead Batt Charge" on my Magnum screen and zero volts at the house batteries when checking with volt meter.

I get Battleborn on the horn and their initial advice was to pull the coach outside (I did still have chassis batteries) and then hook up the house batteries to my car via jumper cables.  I mentioned to them that I do have the ability to merge house/chassis batteries on the coach and he said I might want to try that first.  Trying to cover all of my bases I called Johnson Net for a little more phone support and Bill confirmed that a merge would be the first place to start.

Merged the batteries for roughly 5 minutes before they woke up and went back into bulk charge mode.  From everything I can gather the batteries did everything they were supposed to do by shutting down once the threshold was hit on the low voltage cutoff and that is why the showed zero.  Also good to know that when that happens a quick merge can get things back to life.  

Now I need to give some thought and time as to why I have enough draw when parked to take me down to that LVCO mark in roughly 48 hours.  I mean, it could have been longer than that as I didn't quiz the electrician as to when he cut off power to that stall, I just assumed it was Saturday.  I have nothing else running on purpose like my Aquahot as it hasn't got cold enough yet to fire that up so I'm a bit stumped.  All in all it's a good day though when things do what they are supposed to do and it reinforces my love of lithium.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Messages In This Thread
Lost shore power on Lithiums - by 360 - 12-06-2021, 12:06 PM
RE: Lost shore power on Lithiums - by bikestuff - 12-06-2021, 12:35 PM
RE: Lost shore power on Lithiums - by folivier - 12-07-2021, 05:35 AM