You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Things about consignment

Per usual, well said Tom.

As someone who just sold a coach on their own and always thought it was weird to consign something on the lower end of the pricing spectrum as the demand is super high right now, I have to say I see the logic in it now. In the current market if I was doing it again for anything under 150k I would probably consign it. As the price goes up so does the knowledge base of your buyer in general along with their ability to purchase without financing. I'm not saying there are not super knowledgable folks out there with pockets full of cash, but I'd say that is maybe 5% of your responders. The rest are either first time buyers or first time Newell buyers. I'm keenly aware we all had to start somewhere, but it's a considerable amount of work to field those sales calls appropriately. I did make some new friends in the process so all was not lost, but time consuming nonetheless.

I have some friends who remodel and flip Newell and Prevost coaches in the 200k-500k market who generally sell their coach in a few days direct to the consumer or in some cases they've begrudgingly sold to a dealer as they were first in line and had funds ready to wire.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Messages In This Thread
Things about consignment - by Terigari - 12-08-2021, 09:59 AM
RE: Things about consignment - by encantotom - 12-08-2021, 10:16 AM
RE: Things about consignment - by 360 - 12-08-2021, 10:54 AM