You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Back of coach dropped

Thank you everyone for the advice
I spoke to Newell and went like you suggested Steve and found 5 places where that leak detector showed leaks
Mostly in the back and one at one of of the drive wheels air cushion / bag.
Unfortunately I lack the knowledge presently to know how to replace all these fittings
But what I also discovered is just a few days before the coach dropped I thought it would be a great idea to switch the small compressors in the drivers side front bay from the one with over a 1800 hrs to the one with only 160 hrs

I now believe that my idea of saving the compressors wit the most hours might have been faulty and that is why the switch was set to the other compressor - since the previous owner maybe knew it needs service and does not perform as it should.

So now that I switched back to the higher hours compressor the compressor kicks on every 2 hrs for approx 20 seconds but seems to keep the bags inflated to some extent

It seems to save the coach from dropping too much. I am monitoring it closely but think I will need to start the engine at minimum once a week to fully fill the bags.

Jon I also agree with you and Richard. Having following the guru forum it seems like the air leaks for sure is something Newell can consider to build in those systems. The air leak problem seems like a pretty common problem with Newell coaches and reading how so many replace the push on fittings with some higher quality fittings ( and I dont know the precise name some of you mentioned)

I think it for sure can not be so much more in manufacturing cost to put those higher quality fitting on from the get go.
If any of the management of Newell reads this I am sure many owners of these high end coaches would appreciate it. (Hint hint)

It will make that one would hopefully not have these air-leaks occur so quickly. I love my coach but having it for only 3 months and discovering the amount of air-leaks I seemed to have identified - is a bit disappointing. 

It seems like I will now need to get to a service provider to have this solved. Time to get to Miami or FL is the challenge - since I am not retired and am still the cook and bottle washer in my small business.
 ( sounds like might have found a closer alternative in the previously known Golden Gate / Gait - bought by RV One Superstore in Charlotte area).

Now I read enough beforehand that air leaks is somewhat unavoidable- but one would like to believe that there are some pretty obvious design and manufacturing solutions that can truly remove this challenge.

I am sure the average person who purchase these coaches new, would not have a problem paying more to nearly have these air leak problems reduced to an absolute minimum.

It also will give those who buy a used Newell a lot more peace of mind that they might nearly never experience such challenges.

Know for sure I don’t have any regrets buying our coach - spent hours polishing chrome wheels chrome bays chrome mirrors and chrome trim in every basement bay and polishing out 90% of light branch scratches on the Girard awnings - so no I love this spaceship ( description from a fellow newell- guru).

Manuel and Kathy
2018 - P50 - Newell - #1624
CUMMINS ISX 600
2021- Jeep Wrangler -Sahara Unlimited

Messages In This Thread
Back of coach dropped - by NCNewellfan - 03-25-2022, 06:28 PM
RE: Back of coach dropped - by j welch - 03-25-2022, 07:33 PM
RE: Back of coach dropped - by MrE - 03-25-2022, 09:02 PM
RE: Back of coach dropped - by rheavn - 03-26-2022, 03:43 AM
RE: Back of coach dropped - by NCNewellfan - 03-29-2022, 07:17 PM
RE: Back of coach dropped - by Richard - 03-30-2022, 05:33 AM
RE: Back of coach dropped - by arcticdude - 03-30-2022, 07:03 AM