You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Electric current felt at tankage bay chassis

I just went down the the tankage bay to check something and got a mild electric shock when I placed my hand on the floor.  It seems to be strongest at the tankage bay, but I can even feel it on the side mirror arms.  I turned off the main breaker in the upstairs closet as well as the panel by the inverter and I still feel the shock/current.  

I called Newell and did get a call back pretty quickly.  The call-back was to tell me that the guy I need to talk to will call me shortly.  LOL

Nevertheless, he was clearly a tech just maybe not specialized with the electric side.  I explained the situation and he suggested something with the shore power and sure enough, when I disconnect from shore power there is no shock/current.  I wish I paid closer attention to what he said so I can help fix the issue with the park management.

This park has clear issues with the electric.  The 30 amp hookups can't maintain voltage, even with a step-up transformer.  I'd move in a heartbeat, but it's beautiful here and i have few options nearby.

Has anyone had this issue with current in the lower chassis and can clue me in on what's going on?

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry

Messages In This Thread
Electric current felt at tankage bay chassis - by dbld58 - 07-22-2022, 05:50 PM
RE: Electric current felt at tankage bay chassis - by Georgeb - 07-22-2022, 06:26 PM
RE: Electric current felt at tankage bay chassis - by Richard - 07-22-2022, 07:08 PM
RE: Electric current felt at tankage bay chassis - by BusNit - 07-22-2022, 09:58 PM
RE: Electric current felt at tankage bay chassis - by bikestuff - 07-23-2022, 05:10 AM
RE: Electric current felt at tankage bay chassis - by dbld58 - 07-23-2022, 07:04 AM
RE: Electric current felt at tankage bay chassis - by RobSC - 07-23-2022, 07:35 AM
RE: Electric current felt at tankage bay chassis - by Richard - 07-23-2022, 12:09 PM
RE: Electric current felt at tankage bay chassis - by dbld58 - 07-23-2022, 01:18 PM