You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Top of Waste Tank Fittings Leak

My sensor has been a bit squirrelly this week, so, as part of my waste tank cleaning, I let the tank fill all the way.

This morning, my olfactory alarm notified me that my tank was a bit more than just 100% full!  I opened the "wet" bay and found it was holding true to its name.  Angry  On the top of the waste tank, were puddles of waste water.  Da Heck?

So, I drained the tank and performed a hazmat cleanup with some Pine-sol on a rag wire-tied to a pole.  Industrious of me, I know.  ha.

Now the question is...

ARE THOSE TOP FITTINGS SUPPOSED TO BE FULLY SEALED ONTO THE TANK?  This really isn't as dumb of a question as it sounds to me, because I personally think they should.  However, in the world of Newell, sometimes things aren't always as "normal" as one would think.

I have a suspicion that THIS is the source for many of our Newells being "smelly" as they off-gas on hot days.  Rather than venting through the roof, I think the gases are escaping into the under-bays and wafting up through the floor.

THEREFORE, my gut-instinct is to attack those fittings with some really good plumbing sealant.  I have a tech request into Newell to verify with them as well which is also my way of saying, "hey, this isn't good, so you might remember it for the next person."

I trust that more than one of you has addressed this matter and can suggest what you used for sealant.  Gonna be pretty hard to get around those fittings as well; not looking forward to that back-twister.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Messages In This Thread
Top of Waste Tank Fittings Leak - by CaptainGizmo - 09-07-2022, 01:19 PM
RE: Top of Waste Tank Fittings Leak - by Guy - 09-08-2022, 07:10 AM
RE: Top of Waste Tank Fittings Leak - by CaptainGizmo - 09-08-2022, 08:19 AM
RE: Top of Waste Tank Fittings Leak - by hypoxia - 09-08-2022, 10:28 AM
RE: Top of Waste Tank Fittings Leak - by CaptainGizmo - 09-08-2022, 01:21 PM
RE: Top of Waste Tank Fittings Leak - by CaptainGizmo - 09-09-2022, 12:30 PM