You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Opinions matter

I am shopping for a new to us coach and unfortunately find myself in a bit a of a moral dilemma, so I pose this situation to the group for your feedback and a "what would you do"

I have found a coach that I am interested in, however there is a rather large discrepancy in the actual mileage. The current owner is saying the coach has approximately 100k miles, which they base on the current odometer reading. A little bit of research on my end has discovered that the odometer had been replaced at some point in prior ownership, so in fact the real mileage is probably between 300-400k.

My question/dilemma is two fold:

How much real value difference would the higher mileage translate to on DD Series 60 coach?

To be clear, I do not believe that the current owner was deliberately misrepresenting the mileage, but since I have now brought this to their attention (simply confirmed by the DDEC) any furtherance (if that were to happen) of the claim of lower mileage would in fact be a willing misrepresentation of a known material fact and condition. So, if I do not buy this coach, should I share my knowledge with the group or strictly abide by caveat emptor and keep my mouth shut? Bottom line is that someone is going to get hit by this reality, and I am interested to know what you all think and what you would do in this situation.

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful and serious comments/replies.

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Messages In This Thread
Opinions matter - by Jonestead - 09-24-2022, 12:46 PM
RE: Opinions matter - by SouthernDevGirl - 09-24-2022, 01:05 PM
RE: Opinions matter - by MrE - 09-24-2022, 03:01 PM
RE: Opinions matter - by smagown - 09-24-2022, 04:05 PM
RE: Opinions matter - by SouthernDevGirl - 09-25-2022, 04:01 AM
RE: Opinions matter - by bestgenman - 09-25-2022, 05:10 AM
RE: Opinions matter - by folivier - 09-25-2022, 06:36 AM