You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Turning Radius Analyzed (Steerable Tag, P2000i)

At the encouragement of my wife, Tiffany, who entered into a discussion on turning radius, I've invested some time to create iterative models in determination of the steering cut angle and the pivot-point of the chassis when the steer-tag is at its maximum cut (believed to be 23 degrees).

Factoring the information provided here and elsewhere, attempting to split differences where they exist, I believe the following is likely the best representation:

(note: I've rounded to the nearest inch for simplicity)

[Image: Turning-Radius.png]

I don't claim this to be definitive, it's merely my best attempt without having definitive details of maximum wheel-cut.  

I do realize the radii are slightly off from the published specs; however, based on my models it appears the published specs are rounded for simplicity.

If the wheel cut were any higher than 45 degrees, none of the published data would align unless the pivot-point was 1' or more further behind the drive-axle.  In that instance, other numbers would not align to published data.

If anyone has calibrated / accurate measurements or definitive specifications on front-wheel cut, please let me know and I will update.

Messages In This Thread
Newell Turning Radius Analyzed (Steerable Tag, P2000i) - by SouthernDevGirl - 09-24-2022, 02:35 PM
RE: Newell Turning Radius Analyzed (Steerable Tag, P2000i) - by jdkskyking - 02-19-2023, 10:50 AM