You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Troubleshooting Xantrex Echo Charge wiring issue

Just addressing a single issue in this thread, wire tracing. We probably all own multimeters with the continuity test, but when we're dealing with 40'+ it's not necessarily the easiest way to test. I recently had an issue at my house where one of my electrical circuits was only partially working. I attempted to purchase a Klein Tools ET450 which includes a wiring tracer that works with energized circuits. They're a victim of our supply chain problems and won't be available until sometime this November. I already owned a Cen-Tech cable tracker 94181 that I bought years ago when I wired my house for low voltage network/phone/speakers. It won't work with energized circuits, but once I turned off the circuit breaker, I was able to trace the problem to a bad outlet in my attic from inside the house through the drywall. I couldn't find the exact unit on Amazon, but a search for Cen-Tech cable tracker 94181 returns results that look almost identical for under $30. Automotive Car Repair Diagnostic Tool Cable Circuit Wire Tracker Tracers Analyzer Short Open Finder Tester Checker Device Detector Probe DC 6-42V.

To me, this would be an invaluable tool when tracing wires where previous owners possibly changed wire colors. In this thread, just validating that the wiring is what you think it is.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Messages In This Thread