You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newbie Neu bei newellguru

Norbert,
Welcome to the Newell Gurus.....took the liberty to translate via Google Translate.....and post results.

Hello newellgurus,
My name is Norbert and I live in Germany. Please forgive me for writing in my language, as I am not very familiar with your language and do not wish to offend anyone as soon as I introduce it. There are good translation tools. I try to keep it as simple as possible so that translation tools don't get confused. To me: I live in Germany and have been looking for "my" motorhome for two years. I want a US motorhome to live in it full time. Maybe some members here know... in Germany this way of living and traveling is an exception. We, here in Germany, have a limited choice of RV's. Approval regulations, in particular the required exhaust gas reports, make it difficult to approve modern RVs. Furthermore, opaque driver's license regulations in connection with the weight classes of motorhomes stand in the way of a purchase and many other problems, such as: workshops, spare parts supply and - I'm sorry to say that here, the bad reputation of American mobile homes in relation to theirs Quality. I know this is bullshit. But "the" German camper is so convinced of the "German" quality that he has developed "Tunnelblick". I've been driving American scrap metal for decades, such as: Trans Am's (almost all model years), 69' Chevy Nova, Pick Up's of various model years from Ford, Chevrolet or Dodge (diesel and petrol), 70' Lincoln Continental, 66' Ford Galaxie, Ford Bronco etc... But that's not my problem either. I really like the old models anyway. Last week I almost bought a 1992 Foretravel Grand Villa Unihome in very good condition. I've already paid half the price on the Grand Villa to show the seller "YES" I'm buying this RV. Two days later, the seller got in touch and told me that he had cleared out the Grand Villa, but he couldn't sell it to me because it hurt him a lot and he had to keep it for the time being. A world collapsed for me. I already felt I had achieved my dreams. But I understood his situation. I was as reluctant to sell as I would have liked to buy. Now to my question to all members. I would have another chance at a great RV. It is a 1984 Newell. I'm not adept at using the internet, but I'll try to insert a link. https://www.ebay.de/itm/325272570417?has...SwoKBfksUi Sure, I'm here on the Newell forum and I'm going to meet enthusiastic people. But since I'm putting a large part of my existence at risk if I make a bad purchase: what should I look out for when buying this vehicle? I ask you for an honest, professional purchase advice. That was also a reason to register here in this forum and to stay in contact with like-minded people when buying. It is almost impossible to get information face to face here in Germany. I don't want to tax your patience any longer and I'm glad you've read this far and I'm looking forward to an informative discussion. Thank you for your contributions.

Best regards Norbert

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Messages In This Thread
Newbie Neu bei newellguru - by Dieselwiesel - 12-28-2022, 08:37 AM
RE: Newbie Neu bei newellguru - by Latitude 28 - 12-28-2022, 09:45 AM
RE: Newbie Neu bei newellguru - by Dieselwiesel - 12-28-2022, 09:57 AM
RE: Newbie Neu bei newellguru - by Latitude 28 - 12-29-2022, 07:09 AM
RE: Newbie Neu bei newellguru - by Dieselwiesel - 12-29-2022, 07:29 AM
RE: Newbie Neu bei newellguru - by Dieselwiesel - 12-29-2022, 07:37 AM