You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

To electric brake, or not to... That is the ?

I decided to go ahead with the trailer brake controller. Why not? Figured to not be limited in towing just a vehicle that has air brake controller in it. I ordered a RedArc kit. Found all my wires and brake light tap. Everything is up front for the controller and remote. The remote has a cable that cannot be modified so it has to be close to the brain box. In my decision making, I came across some wireless options but I have wires so it will be foolproof and reliable. I also did not want yet another thing to depend on my phone for operation. (God, I am getting old!) I prefer stand alone things to do their job independently of phones or tablets. In doing all this, I replaced a few connectors at the back of the coach since they had some corrosion as well as soldered some makeshift connections. Feels good getting some preemptive work done.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Messages In This Thread
To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by BusNit - 01-04-2023, 08:24 PM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by MrE - 01-04-2023, 11:20 PM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by Richard - 01-05-2023, 05:21 AM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by bestgenman - 01-05-2023, 05:59 AM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by BusNit - 01-05-2023, 08:55 AM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by MrE - 01-05-2023, 08:53 PM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by HoosierDaddy - 01-05-2023, 09:06 PM
RE: To electric brake, or not to... That is the ? - by BusNit - 01-05-2023, 09:19 PM