You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

DEF System Maintenance - Tank & Head Unit

This is the best service instruction manual I have found for the early 2010-2017 Def Tank and Head.  Great photos and detailed instructions.
I had a DEF quantity gauge that went from over half full to nearly empty causing a code.  If it would have gone to empty I would have been limited to 5 MPH from what I understand.  Of course it had to happen in Mexico.  I plan to pull the DEF Head out, flush/clean the tank and head unit, replace the suction filter on the head unit and see if there is any visible problem.  The DEF level sensor is replacible and there are testing procedures in the manual.
It is a great time to remove some of the hardware, bead blast & paint it.  DEF is corrosive and some has likely spilled in its lifetime.  I'm using POR15 as my paint, that stuff is bullet proof.

Attached Files
.pdf 2010-2017 Bluebird DEF Service Memorandum.pdf Size: 3.31 MB  Downloads: 11

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Messages In This Thread
DEF System Maintenance - Tank & Head Unit - by hypoxia - 02-24-2023, 08:59 AM
RE: DEF System Maintenance - Tank & Head Unit - by Richard - 02-24-2023, 09:12 AM
RE: DEF System Maintenance - Tank & Head Unit - by hypoxia - 02-24-2023, 09:33 AM
RE: DEF System Maintenance - Tank & Head Unit - by hypoxia - 02-27-2023, 01:56 PM