You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear Camera, Horn, HWH Relay

A couple months back I realized that an HWH problem I had was a faulty relay down by the passenger footwell that is also tied into the horn and my rear camera.  The issue I'm now having is that when I hit a really bad pothole, etc. at times my camera will either just blink or it might even go dead for a few seconds.  Since I realized these were tied together I have attempted to use the horn at the time the camera is out and sure enough no horn and I also then know no HWH.

Questions are:

1.) I would assuming no power to HWH would mean that while driving so long as I didn't loose air I'd be ok for awhile, i.e. 3-4 hours until I get home?  That is if you don't mind driving without a rear camera or horn.

2.) What would a rough road do cause these intermittent challenges with the relay?

I have spare relays and now that I know what the issue is I can easily swap one out, but just trying to head off a much bigger issue since HWH is powered by that relay.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Messages In This Thread
Rear Camera, Horn, HWH Relay - by 360 - 05-17-2023, 08:42 AM
RE: Rear Camera, Horn, HWH Relay - by hbens - 05-17-2023, 09:12 AM
RE: Rear Camera, Horn, HWH Relay - by Richard - 05-17-2023, 10:05 AM
RE: Rear Camera, Horn, HWH Relay - by 360 - 05-17-2023, 10:19 AM
RE: Rear Camera, Horn, HWH Relay - by folivier - 05-17-2023, 04:19 PM