You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is this manifold? air leak I need to fix

(09-09-2023, 10:42 AM)Wanderman Wrote:  Captain,
Any recommendation as to how many of each type to order? Both for a revamp and to have some spares??

Unfortunately, what my coach has would differ from your's quite a bit.  I stopped counted, to be honest.

Instead, I just made and inventory of each "grouping" of fittings, looking at which ones I could get to right away.

For my coach, the biggest gathering of fittings needing attention were:
 - the compressor bay...BE SURE YOU TEST WHILE RUNNING since some of the lines aren't under pressure until then.
 - the rear air bay with the doubler, manifold, shop air fitting, backup charger...over 2 dozen fittings in that neck-breaking compartment!
 - air tanks and brake manifolds under coach!

and misc areas that have leaked (and easy to get to as well)
 - the BODE door mechanism
 - engine compressor
 - air-ride seat

Then, I ordered pretty much 2 of each type/size so I'd have an emergency fitting for the ones I haven''t replaced.

In total, I ordered over 2 dozen fittings. If you'd like to see my actual receipts, just drop me a PM.

In terms of the suggestion to use a Street Ell, I'm in the camp of the LESS FITTINGS I have, the better off I am.  Therefore, I use a single brass 90º when possible.  And, anytime I see a reducer, I first try to find a single fitting that covers the reduction, rather than stepping it down a couple times.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Messages In This Thread
What is this manifold? air leak I need to fix - by [email protected] - 09-09-2023, 07:17 AM
RE: What is this manifold? air leak I need to fix - by Richard - 09-09-2023, 07:59 AM
RE: What is this manifold? air leak I need to fix - by Latitude 28 - 09-09-2023, 09:18 AM
RE: What is this manifold? air leak I need to fix - by CaptainGizmo - 09-09-2023, 10:18 AM
RE: What is this manifold? air leak I need to fix - by Wanderman - 09-09-2023, 10:42 AM
RE: What is this manifold? air leak I need to fix - by CaptainGizmo - 09-10-2023, 01:26 PM
RE: What is this manifold? air leak I need to fix - by hypoxia - 09-09-2023, 11:13 AM