You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Losing coolant

Drove 9 hours today and all went well until we got to our destination.  When I got to our friends house I had the coach idling on low idle for maybe 10 minutes as we tried to figure out where I was going to park.  After quite a bit of jockeying I hear on the other end of the phone from my wife/spotter my friend saying you're leaking anti-freeze.  I hop out and sure enough it had made a pretty nice trail where I was backing up, although was going super slow so it's hard to judge.  He asked what my water temp was and I hopped back inside and it had went up to about 205.  I got parked, threw it on high idle, aired up and got my supports in place so I could go under and get a look.  By about the time I got all of this done it had all but stopped leaking onto the ground.  

I will say when I got out at a rest area and walked around checking hub temps mid-trip as it walked around that corner of the coach and caught a whiff of anti-freeze.  Opened up engine bay and couldn't see anything near radiator and it was not leaking on the ground then either.  

Few questions:

1.) Sent image as I don't even know which tank to look at to see levels and also don't know which side I add fluid to if needed.
2.) If I'm no longer seeing it running to the ground I'm assuming I can attempt to limp home and just keep an eye on fluid level?

I think that's it.  First time dealing with this kind of issue so any additional insight would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Messages In This Thread
Losing coolant - by 360 - 09-14-2023, 07:57 PM
RE: Loosing anti-freeze - by bikestuff - 09-14-2023, 08:13 PM
RE: Loosing anti-freeze - by Richard - 09-15-2023, 05:10 AM
RE: Loosing anti-freeze - by 360 - 09-15-2023, 07:32 AM
RE: Loosing anti-freeze - by Latitude 28 - 09-15-2023, 12:45 PM
RE: Loosing anti-freeze - by Trainer - 09-15-2023, 07:28 AM
RE: Loosing anti-freeze - by 360 - 09-15-2023, 03:40 PM