You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Total Air Bag Replacement Cost

I put this in the things to consider column to potentially aid a buyer in assessing the cost of replacing the airbags on a coach. 

I was lurking on the Wanderlodge forum, reading a similar post. A well known suspension shop in the Pacific Northwest had quoted a Wanderlodge member 10k to replace the airbags. That quote included parts and labor. I think the gentlemen got it done using an independent tech for a total of 6800.

The cost of airbags, like tires, has almost doubled. And for those who have changed their own, the labor is intense, dirty, and challenging. 

I am kind of thinking on 8 airbag coach, the rears would be in the neighborhood of 400 each, and the two fronts about 600 each. Obviously more if sourced from the mothership. So the minimum parts would be just under 4k. Based on my own ineptness in doing the work several times, about 3 or 4 hrs per air bag. Using 3 hrs per bag at shop rate of 150 results in labor of about 4800 in labor, so the 10k quote was not out of the question. 

I am curious what others experience would say about my estimates. 

I am trying to get a 2023 cost for some of the major maintenance items that a new owner may face in taking over a used coach. 

I also would like to hear about any recent radiator replacement costs.

My purpose is to give a potential buyer a tool in helping assess the price of a used coach, and to anticipate what maintenance costs may be incurred if these items are not reasonably fresh:

For example:
Slide seals
Radiator
Brakes
Tires
Airbags
AirCon Options and Costs

Would love to hear your thoughts on other items that should be on this list.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Total Air Bag Replacement Cost - by Richard - 10-02-2023, 06:33 AM
RE: Total Air Bag Replacement Cost - by [email protected] - 10-03-2023, 06:10 AM
RE: Total Air Bag Replacement Cost - by hypoxia - 10-03-2023, 07:34 AM
RE: Total Air Bag Replacement Cost - by Jonestead - 10-03-2023, 07:49 PM
RE: Total Air Bag Replacement Cost - by Jack Houpe - 10-04-2023, 04:06 AM
RE: Total Air Bag Replacement Cost - by rvguy - 10-06-2023, 06:49 AM
RE: Total Air Bag Replacement Cost - by HoosierDaddy - 10-06-2023, 06:15 PM