You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Why you need one if you have T Kane hub caps

(11-28-2023, 07:06 PM)arcticdude Wrote:  Jeff,

Watch how those brackets distort as you tighten the lugnuts on them.

I had the TKane’s on my previous coach.  The brackets distorted outwards when the lugnuts were tightened.  I ended up having to rebend the entire bracket, moving the 90 degree bend inward.  The cover would not go on until I did that.

Unfortunately, the folks at TKane did not have any suggestions as to why the brackets deformed or how to fix it. 

I loved the look, but hated the mechanics behind that look.

Yea, when I put them on after getting my new tires I had to take them back off and hammer on them a bit to get them where they would fit halfway decent. Mine are so bent up and distorted but I was able to get the covers to go on nice and flat after messing with them.

(11-28-2023, 07:12 PM)Trainer Wrote:  Enjoy the look with none of the brackets under lug nuts by using Real Wheel Cover Up Hub Covers.  Brackets clamp to the threads outside of the nuts and the covers screw straight on, not side ways.

Thanks Rudy, yea I have looked at the real wheel covers before. I know some of the Prevost guys were putting those on. I do like the mounting brackets they use. That may be an upgrade for the future. I am still trying to get out from under my to do list of other priority items. Cosmetic items are currently on the back burner.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Messages In This Thread