You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Gauge back lighting

OK, I have an issue with the back lighting for all my gauges.  Currently, none of them light up.  I see they are all daisy chained together and are controlled by a dimmer and turn on with the headlights.  I also have 4 or 5 dash post lights that work perfectly and the dimmer works perfectly.

I pulled one of the lights out and powered it up and it lit up, so the bulb and socket was good.  But when reinstalled it does not work.  However, when I adjust the dimmer from low to high (or high to low), the voltage for the batteries drop from 12v to 8 or 9v's.  Seems to me something is shorting to ground.  What do you all think?  Have the dimmers been issues in these rigs?  I could switch the dimmers and try that, just the dash panels looks delicate.

Does anybody have a source for the dimmers?
Does anybody have a source for the sockets and bulbs for the back lighting.  I tried to remove the bulb to get some and broke the bulb, so I am not sure if they are removable from the socket?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385
Toad - Not ready for that yet Confused

Messages In This Thread
Gauge back lighting - by khgeisler - 12-03-2023, 09:23 PM
RE: Gauge back lighting - by HoosierDaddy - 12-03-2023, 10:16 PM
RE: Gauge back lighting - by khgeisler - 12-04-2023, 06:43 AM
RE: Gauge back lighting - by Richard - 12-04-2023, 07:58 AM
RE: Gauge back lighting - by khgeisler - 12-08-2023, 08:31 AM