You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Texas work in progress

(02-06-2015, 09:07 AM)whatsnewell Wrote:  Pictures of the paint job in progress on this 1981 came up on a Facebook group I belong to.....thought you might be interested.

That's OURS!  Iron Horse RV in San Antonio is doing the paint job and replacing some windows etc..  They've been taking photos the whole time and must have put some on the internet.  I'm hoping you Gurus like the new paint when it's done.  It's similar to the original but with some modifications.  Iron Horse is going above and beyond what we ever expected.  I thought they would remove the peeling black paint and paint over the existing gold/cream paint but they took it down to bare metal.  In the process they discovered that the cream color was painted over the original Newell paint.  Originally it was bare aluminum with a burgundy stripe along the side.  Last week when we visited the windows were still out but it looks like they have re-installed them in the one photo you sent.
Thanks for the info.

Nice!!

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Looking GOOD Dave. I am sure that you will be pleased with the results.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Dave,

Looks sharp! It would be great if you could post some pictures once it is completed.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

wow, that is stunningly nice

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Looking great.

Trivia question of the day? What is the connection between Iron Horse and some coaches of the late nineties early 00's era?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I don't know the answer to the trivia question but thanks for all the positive comments.  Apparently Iron Horse has adopted our little old Newell as a part of their marketing plan.  And that's fine with us!  They keep coming up with all these great ideas to enhance to paint job that we would never have thought of.  We just hope they don't hijack her to Quartzite when they're done.

What a great paint scheme and it looks like you're getting an A-1 job done by those guys in San Antonio. Wish I were closer. Would like to have our front cap re-painted. Hard to find someone around here that you'd have confidence in. Looking forward to watching your progress as you refurbish another gem!

Looking forward to the answer Richard.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Welcome Dave & Tish,  a wealth of information here.   Your paint job is looking great.

I want to make sure you check your coolant PH on the 903.  Poor cooling system maintenance is very expensive to repair and so easy to take care of.  Check your PH level with any number of products and adjust to the correct level.  The ole 903 is a good engine but thirsty, I'm sure it will perform well for you.  There are several Guru's that have re-powered and will be glad to share.  It's all in the archives here, use this site to your benefit

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Ok, so Dee Howard, the inventor and marketer of the Howard Power Steering system used Iron Horse to do some of the more custom installations, or in other words prototype for different suspension systems. I don't know this for a fact but IronHorse may be a resource if your Howard system is ailing.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )