You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

solar install

Nice work! It certainly is a pain to run wiring and especially with a slide out coach. I am glad my install saga is over with and working fine. In the future, go to Home Depot and buy this wire lube. I give this to the guys to keep in their trucks. A little goes a long way and is far superior to any lubes I have used in the past. Leaves no residue when it dries and has no odor.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Thanks Rick, still a lot to button up but the hardest part is done.

Glenn when you mentioned how difficult pulling those wires was I had no idea. We bought two 30 foot 50a RV extension cords on Amazon cheaper than buying it by the foot at Home Depot. Yes sir we are keeping the old transfer switch, my Growatt doesn't have auto transfer mode built in like victron has, victron is the best equipment on the market but we have sunk a lot of money into this coach, hopefully we can start enjoying it now its getting close to being the way we want it.

Thanks Simon I'll keep that in mind next time, Home Depot is about 25 miles from us, we live in the sticks. Smile

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

I have a quick question, does the HWH system run off of the starter batteries for the house batteries?

Gravette, Arkansas

If you have the battery cut off switches in the engine bay, try turning one off at a time and see if you lose power to the slides. This may isolate the battery bank you are looking for

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Jack,
Our coach's HWH Slide system runs off the engine batteries.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Mine is starter/engine batteries.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you all! I isolated the 12vdc from the 48vdc bank and wanted to make sure Newell didn't tap the HWH in someplace I couldn't find. Today is the 48vdc input to the inverter and tie the inverter into the transfer switch. 

Here you can see my thought on taking the inverter out of the circuit, its pretty simple male female plug arrangement, all you have to do is unplug the two that are hanging from the ceiling and plug them together.

I got the solar breakers in yesterday, the ones I purchased before were not good for 250Vdc, these are.

Gravette, Arkansas

Nice install!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I got excited today and fired the system off, its perfect, the inverter makes a little more noise than I expected but you can't hear it in the coach. Took both 4 wire 6 gauge cables into the shore power bay and tie them into the transfer switch and to the main electrical panel. I made a little video for you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppfsKmEGrog

Still have to finish a few things, wire clamps, install the bluetooth shunt, install both the other chargers, one for house and the other for coach batteries.

Gravette, Arkansas

Nice work! Coach looks great. Those a/c's are really efficient. My one roof air (New unit) takes more power than that alone. My inverter makes some fan noise when it gets hot but nothing noticeable with the ac's running. Sounds like I am in flight somewhere with that stuff all going on.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312