You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Full Timing in 1987 Newell
Wink 

Hi All, after full timing for 11 years I can still say we love it. We are parked now for 6 months on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. We have put about 95,000 miles on the coach since we bought it in 2006. As Canadians we can only spend 7 months/year outside of our home province, but we have managed to see 23 states and 7 other provinces in that time. I would not change a minute of our experiences for anything. We have done many updates and revisions to our Newell, including a new paint scheme and have many pictures of the modifications we have done. Most of those mods can be seen on our gallery. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. I believe Newell make the best of all coaches.

Jim & Gail
1987 Newell #123
Silver 8v92/Allison 4 sp.
Toad: 2007 HHR
Life is a Highway.

Just out of curiosity how long do you have to be back in Canada before you can leave again traveling? I understand the 6 month limitation is to keep your health insurance in force, right?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

(07-28-2012, 02:54 PM)whatsnewell Wrote:  Just out of curiosity how long do you have to be back in Canada before you can leave again traveling? I understand the 6 month limitation is to keep your health insurance in force, right?
You must be back in your home province 6 months plus a day each year unless you get permission from your health care provider for an extended length of time which we did on our last trip. It is a Canadian health insurance consideration and a US policy of having to pay US taxes if you reside in the US for more than 6 months.

Jim & Gail
1987 Newell #123
Life is a Highway.

Jim, thanks for joining and posting! keep it coming!

say hi to gail,

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Jim, looks like you and Gail are having a blast! Hope to be full timing as soon as our house sells. I love the sun screen you have.......is this something you can buy or did you make it? I have not seen this before and would be very interested in one once we hit the road.

Thank you
Gayle and Tack Bower

(09-02-2015, 06:39 PM)wgbower Wrote:  Jim, looks like you and Gail are having a blast!  Hope to be full timing as soon as our house sells.  I love the sun screen you have.......is this something you can buy or did you make it?  I have not seen this before and would be very interested in one once we hit the road.

Thank you
Gayle and Tack Bower

Hi Gayle & Tack, we are having a blast. It's been 8 years now & no end in sight. We purchased the sun screen from a company in Phoenix. I believe the name was Arizona Sun Supply Co. This is not an inexpensive way to go. I had them install grommets along the lower side so I could use bungie cords & spikes to the ground. I installed snaps on the awning roller & the upper side of the screen myself. I believe ours is 21' x 8' and cost around $400. Many colors & very good quality.
Hope to see you on the road some time. We will be in Arizona from Nov-April this winter.
Please keep in touch Smile

Jim & Gail
1987 Newell #123
Life is a Highway.

Jim,

I may be all wrong here. I seem to remember seeing a picture of your coach and you had changed the headlights to either halogen or HID with a kit or a homemade conversion. If so, others may be interested in what you did since the old headlights don't project like the newer technologies. 

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(09-03-2015, 07:20 AM)Richard Wrote:  Jim,

I may be all wrong here. I seem to remember seeing a picture of your coach and you had changed the headlights to either halogen or HID with a kit or a homemade conversion. If so, others may be interested in what you did since the old headlights don't project like the newer technologies. 

You are correct. Pictures appear in my gallery. They were replaced with projector beams from bigrigchromeshop.com.
I believe they still sell a slightly different version. I also have pics I would be happy to send anyone interested on the complete install. Some modifications were needed to make the back end of the crystal lenses fit the existing metal bracket & plastic housing.

Jim & Gail
1987 Newell #123
Life is a Highway.

The transformation of #123 is truly amazing Jim. You should be very proud of the work you have done. It looks like a new coach. Great job!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(09-03-2015, 09:55 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  The transformation of #123 is truly amazing Jim.  You should be very proud of the work you have done.  It looks like a new coach.  Great job!!

Thank you Michael. Coming from you means a lot to me, Thanx again.

Jim & Gail
1987 Newell #123
Life is a Highway.